BB 1.15 error - msvcrt.dll

Forums: 
Forum tags: 

it's working correctly for v1.12 and 1.13 but not 1.15 as it will only generate error log without bb opening
the procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll
http://i.imgur.com/1UKJlim.jpg

my system info
BleachBit version 1.13
GTK version 2.24.10
local_cleaners_dir = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\BleachBitPortable-1.13\App\cleaners
locale_dir = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\BleachBitPortable-1.13\App\BleachBit\share\locale\
options_dir = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\BleachBitPortable-1.13\App\BleachBit
personal_cleaners_dir = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\BleachBitPortable-1.13\App\BleachBit\cleaners
system_cleaners_dir = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\BleachBitPortable-1.13\App\BleachBit\share\cleaners\
locale.getdefaultlocale = ('en_US', 'cp1252')
os.getenv('APPDATA') = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data
os.getenv('LocalAppData') = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data
os.getenv('LocalAppDataLow') = None
os.getenv('Music') = C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Music
os.getenv('USERPROFILE') = C:\Documents and Settings\User
os.getenv('ProgramFiles') = C:\Program Files
os.getenv('ProgramW6432') = None
os.getenv('TMP') = C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\BleachBitPortableTemp
os.path.expanduser('~') = C:\Documents and Settings\User\
platform.win32_ver[1]() = 5.1.2600
platform.platform = Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
platform.version = 5.1.2600
sys.argv = ['C:\\Documents and Settings\\User\\Desktop\\BleachBitPortable-1.13\\App\\BleachBit\\bleachbit.exe']
sys.executable = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\BleachBitPortable-1.13\App\BleachBit\bleachbit.exe
sys.version = 2.7.12 (v2.7.12:d33e0cf91556, Jun 27 2016, 15:19:22) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
win32com.shell.shell.IsUserAnAdmin() = True
__file__ = C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\BleachBitPortable-1.13\App\BleachBit\library.zip\bleachbit\Diagnostic.pyo

Did you get that from the BleachBit 1.15 alpha page or from the Continuous Integration page? It is on my to-do list soon to make the the version information more clear in the area of the application that you posted, but I think you do not have the latest version.

I just checked BleachBit 1.15 build 446 on Windows XP SP3, and I did not get that error. That version is available on the CI page. Let me know whether that helps.

I plan to continue supporting Windows XP for a while longer but not forever. Google Chrome dropped support for XP, and Firefox's last feature release for XP is due soon.

---
Andrew, lead developer

oh..that why i've seen post mentioning version with build number and i was wondering where they get that build
i'll try the latest build and report back

if you want to stop supporting windows xp, can you do it after you move Firefox rule from Cleaner.py to CleanerML?
Thanks

About the Firefox rule: I will try, but there may be limited enhancements before then.

---
Andrew, lead developer

tried the latest build 446 and it's able to run without problem except
- can't open "About"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bleachbit\GUI.pyo", line 429, in about
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

- "Preferences" takes 2/3 seconds to load for first time access, after that load normally

is there a reason for this duplicate rule?
notice this before but forgot to ask here

Google Chrome CleanerML

<action command="delete" search="file" path="$localappdata\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Network Action Predictor"/>
<action command="delete" search="file" path="$localappdata\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Network Action Predictor"/>

dvdbane: I pushed 1.15.458 to fix the TypeError and the duplicate rule. Good catches!

---
Andrew, lead developer