Ubuntu 15.04, Kontact ToDo list

Forums: 

I suddenly decided to use bleachbit to clear some space in my dual boot Ubuntu/WinXP machine.

Everything looks OK so far except that my To DO list is empty in Kontact. I have all the other parts of Kontact like contacts, calendar, pop-notes etc. Only To Do list is empty.

Is there any way to recover my To Do list?

Thanks.

Do you know which cleaners (options) you had enabled when this happened? I do not remember that BleachBit cleans any part of Kontact.

There is a general KDE cleaner that cleans cache, temporary files, and the recent documents list (but not the documents). There are also several cleaners that clean KDE apps: Gwnenview, Konqueror, Rekonq. Amarok, K3b, Kopete, and Okular.

If you have "overwrite files to hide contents" enabled, recovery is doubtful. If not, the first step to undelete a file is to stop writing to the file system. Then the specific steps depend on the kind of file system. If you have ext4, for example, try a Google search for "ext4 undelete" (without the quotes).

---
Andrew, lead developer

SOLVED:

After 2 days, the ToDo list has come back. I have no idea why it disappeared after BleachBit and how it reappeared now.

Thanks for your interest.