BleachBit 0.8.3-Linux-All of a sudden it's hanging, plus I can't clear config to reinstall as "new"

Forums: 

I noticed this tonight. I have Lucid 10.04, and all was fine with the prior release (including the "bonus pack") I do recall latest release was OK, too, but today I did a "preview", and it suddenly hung on something I don't have (yes, I have always checked apps I don't have...) I removed those checks, and then it hung on something else - eventually hanging on WINE - which I DO have...

I deleted any "bleach*" via synaptic, rebooted and then installed the OLD version from the Ubuntu Repositories. I then ran it - and it's got all the config/applications that are listed from 0.8.3!

I re-deleted and then did a filesearch for "bleach*" and deleted everything, including the desktop files. I then reinstalled 0.8.3 qn noticed that it still had my prior config settings.

OK first - how to COMPLETELY remove ALL traces of Bleachbit on Ubunuu Lucid? (Where are the config files?)

Next how to "clear/uncheck" ALL settings and save that config?

Finally, any idea on what could have caused this?

Thank you!

Reading recent posts. - addendum to above. As indicated - I can not "downgrade"! It still "thinks" I have 0.8.3.

What data do you need from me to debug???

Thanks.

Sorry, supposed to be new comment, not post...

OK first - how to COMPLETELY remove ALL traces of Bleachbit on Ubunuu Lucid? (Where are the config files?)

Two ways to remove configuration

1. In BleachBit click File - Shred Settings, or
2. rm -rf ~/.config/bleachbit/

Then, uninstall the application: apt-get remove bleachbit

Next how to "clear/uncheck" ALL settings and save that config?

Same as the first question?

Finally, any idea on what could have caused this?

Yes, it's in the 0.8.3 release notes page: uncheck deep scan.

---
Andrew, lead developer

sorry, I don't know what you mean you cannot downgrade. Do you get an error message? Which older version are you trying to install? Did you get the older version from the Ubuntu repositories or from the BleachBit web site? Uninstall 0.8.3, go to the old downloads page, get 0.8.x, and install that instead.

---
Andrew, lead developer

Because I didn't have the "RM" data, the configs were still intact on loading this version or the Repo version. Corrected now - thanks.

Which one is the issue? .DS store, thumbnails, backups or temp files? Or is it the entire category.

For now, why not release a "3.5" with that section commented out - may save you a lot of "dumb questions" till ...4.0.
Better to remove the offending part temporally then have more noobs and the like complaining, as I did... ;)

Thanks!

Any kind of deep scan will cause the hang. I know it's important to release a new version and feel the pressure to do it soon, but I have a day job, a family, a car that needs an oil change, and a toilet that needs fixing. Each release takes a fair amount of time (testing, building for so many Linux distributions, updating web pages, etc). Also I have a few new features that are almost ready, so I hope to have a release done this weekend?

---
Andrew, lead developer

Hey, no prob - I appreciate your time and understand all that - At my last house (with my previous wife) I had a "pit" where I could get under my car and do maintenance. Now I pay someone as I don'rt even have concrete to jack in my driveway :(

And toilets - yea, I know them well - but when roots invade the connecting pipe to the street sewer - that's big time :( !

Good luck and thank you again!

PS: if I wasn't a "99-er" I'd send a contribution - all good programmers and their authors deserve a tip! Still looking for work, still keeping a good attitude!