Is Bleachbit 1.12 Suppose To Delete The Mozilla Cache?

Forums: 

In Linux under; /home/user/.cache is the mozilla directory suppose to be getting deleted when you have all of the Firefox options checked?

Because there is a cache section for Firefox, which leads me to think, should it then be deleting it when it's checked?

I reported this issue a while back, and I thought the behaviour was for this to get deleted when 1.12 came out?

Yes, under Linux in BleachBit version 1.12 when Firefox - Cache is checked it cleans ~/.cache/mozilla/. If this does not work, check your user-defined whitelist in the Preferences menu.

(However, System - Cache does not clean ~/.cache/mozilla.)

---
Andrew, lead developer

I'm not saying 'clean' it, I'm saying is it suppose to get 'deleted'?

I'm also not talking about the System Cache, I'm saying the Firefox > Cache is check marked...

thanks

Yes, BleachBit 1.12 cleans the Firefox cache by deleting it from ~/.cache/mozilla when Firefox - Cache is checked.

---
Andrew, lead developer

~/.cache/mozilla is not being deleted...

Hmm, it works for me on Ubuntu 16.04 with BleachBit 1.12 and Firefox 47. Which operating system are you using?

Do the other options for Firefox work?

Does your home folder or ~/.cache use any unusual partitions or file systems like using symlinks, NFS, encryption, or RAM disk?

Did it work in previous versions?

In BleachBit please click Edit - Preferences, and then click Whitelist. Is the Whitelist empty?

There was a change two years ago in BleachBit 1.4 that whitelisted ~/.cache/mozilla only for the option System - Cache, and it did not affect the option Firefox - Cache.

---
Andrew, lead developer

I'm using Slackware 14.2 x86_64

Other options for Firefox appear to be working fine, as far as I can tell.

~/.cache has nothing unusal in it.

I think I use to see it get deleted in 1.6

Whilelist is not empty it has;

/home/foo/.cache/deadbeef
/home/foo/.cache/fontconfig
/home/foo/.cache/openbox

I have System Cache & Custom checked...

This is strange. For troubleshooting purposes, would you please try two things?

1. Clear the three items from the whitelist, and try either either to clean or to preview. (If the preview works, cleaning should work too.)

2. Click Edit - Preferences - Custom, and add the folder ~/.cache/mozilla. Then check the box System - Custom, and try to either clean or to preview.

By the way, it would help for tracking purposes to file a bug ticket here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bleachbit/+milestone/1.12 This helps me not to lose any issues, and it helps me to target them to specific releases.

---
Andrew, lead developer

Done;

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bleachbit/+bug/1606742