[SOLVED] Bleachbit 0.8.8 doesn't clear Chrome History

Forums: 

Hi everybody.I have a small issue with Bleachbit.My software config is

Opensuse 11.4 64bit
Chrome 12.0.742.100 64bit
Bleachbit 0.8.8

Bleachbit unfortunately doesn't clear Chrome's history.I hope you can fix it,bleachbit is a great software :)

***** Solved with bleachbit 0.9.2

Sorry,i forgot this bug...everytime i clear Chrome's cache data bleachbit seems to re-enable the "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" option that i previously disable

Could you please be more specific about the history: I can't reproduce with Fedora 15, Google Chrome 12, BleachBit 0.9.0 alpha (close to 0.8.8). What parts of the history are left? Where do you see the history? Are they sites that are bookmarked?

About the network prediction: I can reproduce that and am filed it as bug 824307

---
Andrew, lead developer

This is fixed for BleachBit 0.9.0. Until that is released, the workaround is 824307. Basically you can not clean the Google Chrome Cache, or you can download a new XML cleaner definition from that link

---
Andrew, lead developer

sorry,i completely forgot about this post.

Bleachbit seems to delete all the history files in username/.config/google-chrome but when i press ctrl+h in chrome the history is still there!Oddly enough i found that history is gone if i delete manually the History file in .config/google-chrome/Default/

I updated my software specs,now i have

xubuntu 11.10,chrome 17,bleachbit 0.9.1

i just installed chromium 17.0.963.56,same story...the history is still here :|

Chromium 17 and Google Chrome 17 are fixed in SVN (development version) for the next release BleachBit 0.9.2. The fix is just deleting the Default/Shortcuts file, so you can add that to your .xml cleaners, or watch out for the beta.

Since the Chromium 17 is unrelated to the previous problem, in the future please open a new thread.

---
Andrew, lead developer

perfect,thank you!

---
Andrew, lead developer

Just tried...it still doesn't clear history.Same sw configuration,i tried with both chrome and chromium

Can you please download the new chromium.xml, put it in /usr/share/bleachbit/cleaners (requires root permission), and test again? Alternatively you can edit the file that is there and add the missing "Network Action Provider" are shown here in diff 2625.

---
Andrew, lead developer

still no luck,unfortunately history is still there.

I released 0.9.2 beta 2 to clean some more ('keywords backups') of Chromium and Google Chrome. Please let me know either way if this helps.

If it does not help, does this happen for all web sites? If not all, which? For example, CNN.com has a search engine that records a special record which 0.9.2 beta 2 now cleans. Also, where do you see the history (omnibox or elsewhere)?

---
Andrew, lead developer

unfortunately not,history is still there.I can see it both in omnibox and by pressing ctrl+h,it doesn't clear any website

Are you running BleachBit as root? Make sure you are running both Chromium and BleachBit not as root: run them as a normal user.

When you try to clean Chromium, do you select all the Chromium options? Do you see paths like /home/username/.config/chromium? Does BleachBit vacuum Chromium?

---
Andrew, lead developer

No,i'm running it as normal user (if i run it as root it doesn't show me any cleaning options for chrome/chromium).Yes,i select all the options,and yes it also vacuum chrome/chromium

I have this 2 folders

/home/username/.config/chromium
/home/username/.cache/chromium

Hello,

I just installed BleachBit 0.9.2, and I can confirm that it too isn't clearing out the history. After running BB if I open Chrome up, and I hit ctrl+H all the history is still there. Running BB as normal user, and these are my versions: BleachBit 0.9.2, Google Chrome 17.0.963.79, Linux Mint 12.

Thanks.

just installed and tried bleachbit 0.9.2,now it deletes chrome history,thanks for fixing this :)

did you install the beta?The stable version works for me.Try to remove bleachbit using in terminal sudo apt-get remove --purge bleachbit and then reinstall it

Interesting... There were no changes in this regard from 0.9.2 beta 2 to 0.9.2 final, so I wonder if the software update (involving APT) failed or was broken. Otherwise, this issue was really puzzling, and I downloaded Linux Mint 12 to try it in a different environment. On Linux, I usually work on Fedora.

---
Andrew, lead developer

lol,this is really interesting indeed

Hello,

I tried to install the Beta 2 above, but BleachBit 0.9.2 has been released. BleachBit 0.9.2 still does not clear the history for Google Chrome 18.0.1025.151 on Linux Mint 12 Lisa. I did the purge as requested, did a restart, reinstalled, and tried again. No change to Chrome's history under Ctrl+H.

try to purge again and this time delete also the /user/.config/bleachbit folder in home.

OK, I know that I'm late, but still I have the same problem)) The browser history is not cleared? So, once more, what should I do and how is it fixed?))) Thanks in advance! You'll help me greatly))

[Ed: irrelevant url removed]

uninstall bleachbit (open terminal and type apt-get remove --purge bleachbit , then delete /user/.config/bleachbit folder in home and then install the latest release :)