Ubuntu 11.10 support?

Forums: 

When you will support Ubuntu 11.10 ?

Thank you!

BleachBit 0.8.8 in the Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric ) repo. It's a bit old, but it's easy to install:
sudo apt-get install bleachbit

Within a month or two, I hope to publish a .deb on this web site for BleachBit 0.9.0 or later. For now you may even be able to install the Ubuntu 11.04 deb on Ubuntu 11.10.

---
Andrew, lead developer

If i install 0.8.8, will crash my system? Because i always run bleachbit as sudo.

or just download the latest build .deb and extract the file in respective folders e.g. usr/share/bleachbit and usr/share/bin and enjoy the latest build

Bleachbit 0.9 does not clean Chromium 14 browser anymore. All junk is left. Download histroy and what's not. Just use bleachbit, clean Chromium and then open Chromium again and press ctrl+j. Besides Chromium 14 has a feature called "Continue running background apps when Chromium is closed" - uncheking this does not help. Bleachbit does not report that it did not clean download history. New Chromium is also missing the option to open empty tab at startup (!) plus its missing font rendering engine. The fonts on GNU/Linux look ugly. I am not on Ubuntu.

Theres no option in Bleachbit to clean Zeitgeist spyware on Ubuntu.

Delete Post Below and this line.

Bleachbit 0.9 does not clean Chromium 14 browser anymore. All junk is left. Just search in your ~ folder. Download history and what's not. Just use bleachbit, clean Chromium and then open Chromium again and press ctrl+j. Its still there. When you press ctr+H Chromium 14 does not show a history and you think history is cleaned, but the whole junk remains in your home folder: '~/.config/chromium'. It probably stores some shit in usr/share or whatever too. I haven't checked if it sends some sensitive data to store in the cloud, though.

P.S.
Besides Chromium 14 has a feature called "Continue running background apps when Chromium is closed" - uncheking this does not help. Bleachbit does not report that it did not clean download history. New Chromium is also missing the option to open empty tab at startup (!) plus its missing font rendering engine. The fonts on GNU/Linux look ugly. I am on LinuxMint 11 Ubuntu based - so Chromium does not have the font rendering engine, plus it ignores the system setup and it hides its history. I am very happy that they hate users and start introducing crap and sypware.

In Linux Mint there's also Opera cache despide no Opera in my system. WTF?

Theres no option in Bleachbit to clean Ubuntu Zeitgeist spyware either.

BleachBit 0.9.0 is released today for Ubuntu 11.10. Check the download page. I don't have Ubuntu 11.10 yet, so it hasn't been tested. Let me know how it goes.

---
Andrew, lead developer

First, please do not "hijack threads." This thread is about Ubuntu 11.10. Threads are cheap, so you may start a new thread. This makes it much easier to read, respond, and resolve issues.

Second, please limit your thread to one topic. Like #1, this is so my head does not explode.

Third, if you have a bug to report the best place to report it is in the bug tracker. Click the HELP navigation button at top to find that. When doing this, remember one bug issue per bug ticket.

Fourth, Chromium 14 and Google Chrome 15 cleaning are fixed in SVN and a beta will be released soon.

---
Andrew, lead developer