MSWin10 RS1 v1607 File Explorer - Pin to QuickAcces & BleachBit

Forums: 

The latest RTM and Anniversary Ed. of the whole new Microsoft Windows 10 from 2nd of August 2016, codenamed Redstone RS1, comes normally with File Explorer...

Well, if you put in the File Explorer some folders of yours via right click and here pick up a "Pin to Quick Access" command, this folders of yours will be automatically added to the Microsoft default Quick Access list in that same File Explorer.

However, after using BleachBit, this "Pin to Quick Access" command are going to be nullified/reset to the default list again, on all of yours previously placed folder(s) in that same QuickAccess list.

P.S. Tested on totally clean installation of the above mentioned Microsoft OS...

ROCKNROLLKID's picture

Sorry for the delay. This is due to the "Recent Items More" entry located under the "Microsoft Windows" section. There should be a warning on it saying that it will reset your quick access back to default (if your using the latest BleachBit version).

Moderator for BleachBit and a maintainer for Winapp2.

Check out my open-source group on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

Windows 10 x64 (switching to ReactOS in the future).

Sorry for more than 4 months late for my replay here!
To be completely open, I was out of service for couple of months, because a nasty car accident.
Luckily, I am totally fine now, ready for typing... :)

...You know, before a few days ago, I was push back on this very same issue, and I try to discover on my own the BleachBit culprit command here which erasing your own putted "Pin to Quick Access" items in Microsoft Windows 10 OS...

And I discover it - when you remove the BleachBit v1.12 checkmark from "Recent Document list", it will no more erase your own putted "Pin to Quick Access" items on Microsoft Windows 10 OS. :)

Once more, best regards and thank You for waiting and for the replay! ;)

ROCKNROLLKID's picture

Sorry to hear about your accident and I hope all is going well now.

Good to hear you have resolved your issue. Feel free to open a new topic if you have anymore questions, suggestions, or opinions.

Moderator for BleachBit and a maintainer for Winapp2.

Check out my open-source group on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

Windows 10 x64 (switching to ReactOS in the future).