Test BleachBit 0.7.2 beta
Please test the new BleachBit 0.7.2 beta which with enhancements, bug fixes, and translation updates. In particular, please test:
- Delete Firefox 3 passwords
- Click Help - System Information. You should see 10+ lines of information. Click Copy and verify it pastes into any another program.
- In Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint, click the Applications menu - System - BleachBit as Administrator. Then, verify BleachBit starts.
- Clear Konqueror cookies, current session, and URL history
- Can you confirm the reported bug regarding contacts in Evolution?
- You should see a passive notification reading "Done" if the previewing or cleaning process takes longer than 10 seconds (often System - Localizations) and if BleachBit is not in focus (i.e., another application is in the foreground). Both conditions must be met.
- The notification should disappear in 10 seconds.
- Windows Vista/Windows 7: Start BleachBit. You should see the UAC prompt. Whether you accept or deny, BleachBit should start (with or without administrator privileges). Try accepting and denying the UAC.
- If you accept the UAC, then you should not get 'access denied' messages when cleaning system logs or Internet Explorer.
- Test clearing the Recycle Bin on Windows XP, Vista, and 7: you should not see an error, and the recycle bins should be cleared. Try this when the recycle be is empty and not empty.
- Paint MRU
- Delete temporary files. Then, when you close BleachBit, you should not see a notice about an error log file.
- WinRAR MRU
- Adobe Reader 6
To look for regressions follow the standard-tests on the new "Testing" page.
Remember: beta releases are more likely to contain bugs and are recommended only for testing. Use with caution.
Report any bugs to the bug tracker.
Wednesday, November 25, 5:00am UTC: the Linux packages don't start. Check back soon for new packages.
- CentOS 5
- Debian 5 (Lenny)
- Fedora 9 (Sulphur)
- Fedora 10 (Cambridge)
- Fedora 11 (Leonidas)
- Mandriva 2008
- Mandriva 2009
- Mandriva 2009.1
- Mandriva 2010
- RHEL 5
- SLE 10
- SLE 11
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron)
- Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)
- Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)
- Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)
- openSUSE 11.0
- openSUSE 11.1
- openSUSE 11.2
- Linux bonus pack: not changed
- Source code
Translators, please update your translations.
Subscribe to RSS to be notified of future betas and the final release. The final release will include detailed release notes.