BleachBit 1.12 includes updates for Google Chrome and Firefox, major fixes for Winapp2.ini for Windows users, many updated cleaners for Linux, and more.
These are the changes since version 1.10:
- Fix error Favicons is version 32 with Google Chrome 51 (reported by Holger)
- Fix cleaning of Thumbnails in new Chromium and Google Chrome (reported by ineuw, patrick)
- Fix crash with corrupt BleachBit.ini (reported by BitBleacher)
- Fix error UNIQUE constraint failed error cleaning Firefox (reported by danjackson1 and gravy45)
- Specific to Linux
- Update EasyTAG cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update Epiphany cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update Evolution cleaner (thanks to skquinn)
- Update GNOME cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update KDE cleaner for KDE 4 on openSUSE (thanks to Mailaender)
- Update Rhythmbox cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update Thumbnails cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update Transmission cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Update X11 cleaner (thanks to devmapper0)
- Switch from GnomeVFS, which is deprecated, to GIO (reported by MM)
- Do not repeat Google Chrome cache in preview (reported by Daniel Che)
- Fix retention of translations for Chinese
- Whitelist iBus Pinyin (reported by Josiah Hunter)
- Add .deb package for Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus)
- Add .rpm package for Fedora 24.
- Specific to Windows
- Fix cleaning of files with dollar sign ($) in name
- Support ExcludeKey filter in Winapp2.ini (reported by 212eta)
- Fix support for the pattern *.extension with FileKey in Winapp2.ini (reported by 212eta)
- Downgrade exception notice for getting special folders (reported by timvandermeij)
- Make regex filter in CleanerML case insensitive on Windows
- Fix error [Errno 2] No such file or directory when cleaning Windows Explorer - Thumbnails more than once in a row
- Cleaning Windows Explorer - Thumbnails will now temporarily close and restart Windows Explorer to thoroughly clean it. When you check this option, you will be warned.
- Fix the harmless error Error in execution of Command to delete C:\Windows\temp\_avast_\AvastLock.txt with Avast antivirus
- Update SQLite.dll 126.96.36.199 to 3.11.1 (suggested by brahmastra2016).
- Update NSIS to 2.51, which hardens the installer against DLL hijacking
- Resolved false positive Packer.Generic!c with AegisLab antivirus
- Submit BleachBit for whitelisting with ESET antivirus to address slowness when running with ESET (reported by captaincackle)
Also in January BleachBit has moved web hosting and SourceForge to a new domain (bleachbit.org) and new web servers.
Confused by the 12 in the numbering scheme? BleachBit version 1.12 obsoletes versions 1.10 and 1.8 because 12 is greater than 10 or 8..
- Add English (Canada) translation thanks to mike (dickmanitoba).
- Update Brazilian Portuguese translation thanks to Danilo Silva and Paulo Guzmán.
- Update Catalan translation thanks to VPablo.
- Update Czech translation thanks to Kuvaly [LCT], Roman Horník.
- Update Dutch translation thanks to rob.
- Update English (Australia) translation thanks to Jared Norris, Alfredo Hernández.
- Update English (Canada) translation thanks to Danilo Silva.
- Update English (United Kingdom) translation thanks to Andi Chandler.
- Update Finnish translation thanks to Jiri Grönroos.
- Update French translation thanks to lann.
- Update Galician translation thanks to Marcos Lans.
- Update German translation thanks to Phillip Sz.
- Update Hebrew translation thanks to Yaron.
- Update Italian translation thanks to Carml, Luca Ciavatta.
- Update Korean translation thanks to halcyonest.
- Update Malay translation thanks to abuyop.
- Update Portuguese translation thanks to Ivo Xavier.
- Update Slovak translation thanks to Miro Janosik.
- Update Spanish translation thanks to Will I Am, Andres Rodriguez.
- Update Ukrainian translation thanks to Maxim Nosovets, Alex_N-B.
Be a translator?
Installation packages are ready for Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, Debian, and openSUSE.