BleachBit 1.11.0 beta
BleachBit, the open source system cleaner, announces the public 1.11.0 beta. Please help test today.
These particular areas are a priority for testing:
- Clean thumbnails using Google - History and verify there is not an error like Error in execution of <bleachbit.Command.Function instance at 0x02E32DA0>
- Clean thumbnails using Chromium - History and verify there is not an error like Error in execution of <bleachbit.Command.Function instance at 0x02E32DA0>
- Enable Overwrite files to hide contents, and clean Firefox history. Make sure there is not an error like UNIQUE constraint failed: moz_hosts.host.
- Specific to Linux
- On a system like OpenSUSE that uses ~/.kde4 instead of ~/.kde/ use the KDE cleaner.
- Clean System - Broken Desktop Files. Among other types of broken files, it may still find files with unregistered mime types.
- Clean Evolution
- In the Preferences under the Languages tab, white list pt_BR (Brazilian Portuguese), zh_CN (Simplified Chinese) , and zh_TW (Traditional Chinese). Then preview System - Translations, and verify they are not listed for deletion.
- Clean System - Cache and Google Chrome - Cache, and you should no longer see duplicates. These files should be shown only by the latter.
- Clean System - Cache, and verify iBus Pinyin still works. (LP#1538919
- Specific to Windows
- Clean one or more entries imported from Winapp2.ini that use ExcludeKey (list). Then verify the paths excluded are actually excluded. A preview is a sufficient test.
- Clean entries imported from Winapp2.ini that clean *.ext where ext is any specific extension (not *.*) that also uses RECURSE. Verify the paths are listed. Later I will post a list. A preview is a sufficient test.
- Verify vacuuming any SQLite database still works.
- On a system with Avast clean System - Temporary Files, and verify you do not get this error: Error in execution of Command to delete C:\Windows\temp\_avast_\AvastLock.txt.
See also the list of bugs targeted to BleachBit version 1.12 and a list of code changes. These links give more details including credits for people contributing patches and reporting bugs. The final release will include some of these details.
To look for regressions follow the standard tests on the Testing page.
- CentOS 6
- CentOS 7
- Debian 6 (Squeeze)
- Debian 7 (Wheezy)
- Debian 8 (Jessie)
- Fedora 20 (Heisenbug)
- Fedora 21
- Fedora 22
- Fedora 23
- Linux Mint 13 LTS (Maya)
- Linux Mint 17 - 17.3 (Qiana/Rebecca/Rafaela/Rosa)
- RHEL 6
- RHEL 7
- SLE 11
- Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin)
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr)
- Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn)
- Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet)
- Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf)
- openSUSE 13.1
- openSUSE 13.2
- Source code
Translators, please update your translations.