BleachBit 0.9.5 better cleans Google Chrome, Thunderbird, and 64-bit Linux systems and improves compatibility with Winapp2.ini, which offers 1237 cleaners for Windows. We are also happy to announce a new GitHub repository for developing and sharing cleaners.
These are the changes since version 0.9.4:
- Google Chrome, Chromium: separate cleaning of passwords out of history into its own option
- Google Chrome: delete Flash cookies in Pepper Flash
- Google Chrome: delete more history
- Thunderbird: delete folder index files (.msf) thanks to BlackDex
- Clean out obsolete data (hashpath) in bleachbit.ini to reduce file size and improve privacy.
- Introduce a new GitHub repository for CleanerML development
- Move BleachBit source code repository, which is in SVN, to new address
- Specific to Linux
- Improve compatibility of memory wiping with 64-bit systems
- Improve ability to run headless
- Support newer Linux kernels in memory cleaner by using new out-of-memory score adjustment /proc/pid/oom_score_adj
- Specific to Windows
- Improve compatibility with Winapp2.ini: clean more junk and more accurately detect which options are relevant. (Add support for semicolons, DetectFile#=, Detect#=, and more sections.)
- Add command line option --update-winapp2 to update winapp2.ini. (Can be combined with --clean or --preview and --list.)
- Windows: introduce higher resolution application icon
- Windows: add transparency to application icon
- Update Chinese (Traditional) thanks to Pin-hsien Li.
- Update Croatian thanks to freedomrun.
- Update Dutch thanks to rob.
- Update English (Australia) thanks to Benjamin Donald-Wilson.
- Update Esperanto thanks to Anthony, Ivan Camilo Quintero Santacruz.
- Update French thanks to Nicolas Delvaux, Célestin Taramarcaz, nodiscc, gisele perreault.
- Update Galician thanks to Miguel Anxo Bouzada.
- Update German thanks to DNS, Daniel Winzen.
- Update Hebrew thanks to Yaron.
- Update Indonesian thanks to Abdul Munif Hanafi.
- Update Italian thanks to Carml.
- Update Malay thanks to abuyop.
- Update Polish thanks to Isamu715 and Paweł Szerszon.
- Update Spanish thanks to Adolfo Jayme Barrientos.
- Update Uyghur thanks to Gheyret T.Kenji.
Want to help translate BleachBit? It's easy.
In Google Chrome version 25 you may see the error No such table: keywords_backup - google-chrome/Default/Web Data (bug#1131540). This affects only a small subset of the cleaning for Google Chrome, and most of the cleaning is still be effective. Fixed in BleachBit 0.9.6 beta.