BleachBit 0.8.8 automatically downloads and updates winapp2.ini (535 extra cleaners and growing); cleans significantly more in Firefox, Google Chrome, and Chromium; adds six new translations; and more.
These are the changes since version 0.8.7:
- In Firefox, delete more session restore
- In Firefox, delete site-specific preferences
- In Firefox, delete input history.
- In Firefox, delete more URL history.
- In Google Chrome and Chromium, properly delete HTML5 cookies without deleting preferences for extensions (LP#732567)
- In Google Chrome and Chromium, delete the Databases.db files
- In Google Chrome and Chromium, delete favicons (except those that have bookmarks)
- In Google Chrome delete more history: the DNS prefetching host referral list
- In Opera, delete session backup
- Specific to Linux
- Fix crash starting as administrator on Ubuntu 11.04.
- Support Seamonkey 2.0 (pointed out by Ed Hurst and Gogeden)
- Do not delete /var/tmp/kdecache to avoid crashing KDE (KDE#271889)
- Fix crash when changing options when Linux packager has disabled online updates (LP#715286)
- Require PyGTK version 2.14 or later
- Specific to Windows
- Add option to update community-maintained cleaners as winapp2.ini, a file with 535 cleaners and growing. Enable this option if you want it: by default, it is off.
- In Google Chrome, delete more History (Top Sites)
- In Internet Explorer, clean more temporary files (feeds cache)
- If Windows Update Service is not originally on, do not stop/restart it
- Fix for either Silverlight or Windows Media Player not showing
- When aborting shred folders, do not give error (LP#794198)
- More thoroughly "shred settings and quit" and avoid run-time error (LP#794198)
The new option to automatically download and update winapp2.ini:
Gnome 3 is not yet supported (as found on Fedora 15), though BleachBit can be used under Gnome 3. The workaround is to avoid cleaning the system cache or to whitelist certain directories in the cache, or try the fix in BleachBit 0.9.0 beta.
BleachBIt will not start on Windows Vista and 7 on a standard (non-administrator) account with UAC disabled. Try the fix in BleachBit 0.9.0 beta
There may be a freeze on Windows Vista and 7 when cleaning Firefox, Google Chrome, and a few other systems. This happens only on systems with an unusually-high number of processes running. There is a fix available in BleachBit 0.9.0 beta.
- Add Armenian translation thanks to Serj Safarian
- Add Esperanto thanks to Anthony and Michael Moroni
- Add Sinhalese translation thanks to Manoj Prasanna Handapangoda
- Add Telugu translation thanks to Praveen Illa
- Add Uyghur translation thanks to Gheyret T.Kenji.
- Add Vietnamese translation thanks to Lê Trường.
- Update Asturian thanks to Xuacu Saturio.
- Update Brazilian Portuguese thanks to André Gondim, Eugênio F, Tarcisio Oliveira.
- Update Bulgarian thanks to Svetoslav Stefanov.
- Update Chinese (Traditional) thanks to Pin-hsien Li.
- Update Danish thanks to Ask Hjorth Larsen, AJenbo, Joe Hansen.
- Update Dutch thanks to rob.
- Update Estonian thanks to olavi tohver, Jalakas.
- Update Finnish thanks to Jiri Grönroos.
- Update French thanks to Nicolas Delvaux.
- Update Galician thanks to Miguel Anxo Bouzada.
- Update German thanks to cmdrhenner, Georg Engelmann, SpaceCafé.
- Update Hebrew thanks to Yaron.
- Update Hungarian thanks to Papp Bence, Balázs Kisterenyei, Gergely Szarka.
- Update Italian thanks to Carml.
- Update Japanese thanks to Toshiharu Kudoh.
- Update Korean thanks to Bundo, yonchan.
- Update Kurdish thanks to Erdal Ronahi.
- Update Malay thanks to Ibrahim Elias, abuyop.
- Update Norwegian Bokmal thanks to airesacha, Westgaard, Simen Heggestøyl.
- Update Polish thanks to Dariusz Jakoniuk, Piotr Strębski.
- Update Romanian thanks to Lucian Adrian Grijincu.
- Update Russian thanks to Ilia Lilov aka lilovip, Oleg Koptev.
- Update Serbian thanks to Rancher, Milan Masic, turncoat, Данило Шеган, Anaximandar.
- Update Simplified Chinese thanks to yuane, 英华.
- Update Spanish thanks to José Lou Chang, Fitoschido, Paco Molinero.
- Update Turkish thanks to Mehmet Gülmen.
- Update Ukrainian thanks to Сергій Матрунчик (SkyMan).
Want to help translate BleachBit? It's easy.