BleachBit 0.7.2 released
BleachBit 0.7.2 cleans more trace files, improves ease of use on Windows Vista and 7, fixes bugs, and updates 19 translations.
The following changes have been made since 0.7.1:
- Fix deleting Firefox version 3 passwords.
- Add new menu option to show system information useful for reporting bugs. Click Help - System Information.
- Specific to Linux
- Clean Konqueror cache, history, and cookies.
- Fix bug launching BleachBit as Administrator on Ubuntu and Debian.
- Improve the completion notification: do not show if the BleachBit application window is in focus, and if it is not, automatically remove the notification after 10 seconds.
- Specific to Windows
- Clean more of Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.
- Clean more WinRAR MRUs.
- Clean Microsoft Paint.
- Delete more Windows system logs.
- When starting on Windows Vista and Windows 7, prompt for escalated privileges using the User Account Control (UAC) dialog. BleachBit will run whether you accept or deny the UAC (with or without administrator privileges). Administrator privileges enable deleting locked files (such as often found in the temporary folder and Internet Explorer) without an 'access denied' error.
- On 64-bit Windows, fix running process detection.
- Fix harmless error message 'Catastrophic failure' when trying to empty an already-empty recycle bin.
- Fix harmless error message 'The directory is not empty.'
- Update Brazilian Portuguese thanks to André Gondim
- Update Chinese thanks to 王英华
- Update Croatian thanks to nafterburner
- Update Czech thanks to Roman Horník
- Update Dutch thanks to Peter Schelleman and Rob
- Update French thanks to Jean-Luc Aufranc and Pierre Slamich
- Update Galician thanks to Jon Amil
- Update German thanks to MixCool
- Update Hebrew thanks to Ddorda and Yaron.
- Update Hindi thanks to nipunreddevil
- Update Italian thanks to Emanuele Grande, Luca Falavigna, and Sergio Zanchetta.
- Update Japanese thanks to Toshiharu Kudoh
- Update Korean thanks to Bundo
- Update Malay thanks to Ibrahim Elias
- Update Norwegian Bokmal thanks to Simen Heggestøyl
- Update Polish thanks to Dariusz Jakoniuk
- Update Romanian thanks to Lucian Adrian Grijincu
- Update Russian thanks to Ilia Lilov aka lilovip
- Update Slovak thanks to Roman Horník
- Update Spanish thanks to Andres E. Rodriguez Lazo
Want to help translate BleachBit? It's easy.
Process detection is broken on Windows XP Home (but seems to work fine on XP Home and all editions of Vista and Windows 7). Process detection is required for Firefox and some other cleaners. Solution: downgrade to BleachBit 0.7.1 or test BleachBit 0.7.3 beta.
Wiping memory and swap is currently experimental. It should always wipe 100% of the swap, but it may not wipe 100% of the physical memory. Before using this option, close all other running applications because they may be automatically killed by Linux.
Download BleachBit now. Installation packages are ready for 20 platforms including CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE, Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Windows.